The Kidney Stone Center treats patients suspected or diagnosed with kidney stones. Patients are seen by both a nephrologist (kidney specialist) and a urologic surgeon. Our primary goal is to quickly relieve pain, then rmove the stone. Our second goal is to figure out the cause of the stone to reduce a recurrence.
- Rapid access clinics available Monday and Thursday
- Direct admission to Barnes-Jewish Hospital emergency room
- Board-certified urologists and nephrologists specially trained to treat complex stone conditions
- Performed over 10,000 lithotripsy treatments (breaking up stones with shockwaves)
- Rapid stone risk assessment through urine analysis to determine probable cause