For appointments, call 314-362-8200
Conditions of the urogential tract are treated by Washington University urologic surgeons Our team of specialists offers a wide range of innovative treatment options — both surgical and nonsurgical — for medical conditions including the prostate and testicles in males, and the kidneys and bladder in both males and females.
Kidney Stone Center
The Kidney Stone Center treats patients suspected or diagnosed with kidney stones. Patients are seen by both a nephrologist (kidney specialist) and a urologic surgeon. Our primary goal is to quickly relieve pain, then rmove the stone. Our second goal is to figure out the cause of the stone to reduce a recurrence.
- Rapid access clinics available Monday and Thursday
- Direct admission to Barnes-Jewish Hospital emergency room
- Board-certified urologists and nephrologists specially trained to treat complex stone conditions
- Performed over 10,000 lithotripsy treatments (breaking up stones with shockwaves)
- Rapid stone risk assessment through urine analysis to determine probable cause