For appointments at the Center for Advanced Medicine, call (314) 454-8181.
For appointments at Missouri Baptist Medical Center, call (314) 996-6000.
Washington University Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialists are experts in providing obstetric services to women with high-risk pregnancies. Patients have access to comprehensive services, including non-stress tests, biophysical fetal assessments, ultrasounds, genetic testing and counseling, nutritional counseling, diabetes education, physical therapy and social work.
Services include management of pregnancy in women:
- Expecting multiple babies
- Experiencing pre-term labor or those at high risk for pre-term labor (such as women with multiple babies)
- Cervical incompetence (a cervix that opens prematurely under pressure of the growing uterus and fetus)
- With a history of second- and third-trimester pregnancy loss or stillbirth
- With pre-existing medical conditions, including: congenital heart disease, chronic hypertension, kidney disease, auto immune disorders (such as lupus), organ transplants, clotting disorders and Rh-factor blood disease
- With uterine abnormalities
- With fetal anomalies and/or genetic disorders
- With abnormalities of fetal growth