For appointments, call (314) 362-1291
Washington University congestive heart failure doctors are experts in heart failure management. Our physicians provide expert diagnosis and access to advanced therapies for patients with heart failure. Our board-certified transplant cardiologists care for patients in need of transplant or advanced heart failure treatment.
Facing heart failure or a heart transplant can be daunting. Our congestive heart failure doctors are here to help you and your family members by providing compassionate patient care and advanced heart failure management options.
Heart Failure Conditions & Treatment
There are a variety of conditions that can lead to heart failure. Washington University has world class congestive heart failure doctors who can provide you with the most advanced heart failure management options.
Conditions that can lead to heart failure can include:
- Coronary artery disease
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Heart attack
- Valvular heart disease
- Infection in the heart valves (valvular endocarditis) or of the heart muscle (myocarditis)
- Congenital heart disease
- Severe lung disease
- Persistent tachycardia and arrhythmias
Heart failure management options include:
- Tailored medical therapy
- Cardiac resynchronization therapy/ICD therapy
- High-risk myocardial revascularization
- Investigational drugs and devices available only through clinical research trials
- Referral to surgical therapies such as mechanical support or transplantation