COVID-19 Concerns Only: We are now offering an online symptom checker through MyChart at no charge for patients who think they may have COVID-19.
Washington University Physicians is now offering virtual visits (also known as telemedicine or telehealth) for many of our specialties. This service means patients have an additonal option for receiving excellent care through their phone, tablet or computer.
What is a virtual visit?
A virtual visit is a phone call or video chat that allows a patient to privately address his or her health concerns with a provider without an in-person appointment.
How do I schedule a virtual visit?
Please call the office of the provider you would like to see to schedule a visit.
Can I schedule a virtual visit for my child?
Yes, in many cases, our pediatric specialists and primary care experts are able to see you and your child virtually. Please call your child's doctor for more information on scheduling or find a provider in our "Find a Physician" search.
What do I need to do to get ready for my virtual visit?
- If you have a MyChart account, log in to complete eCheck-in at least a day before your visit (this can be done up to seven days in advance). eCheck-in allows you to sign forms, pay copays, confirm contact information and verify insurance details needed for your visit. If you need help with eCheck-in, call at 314-273-1966 or 866-273-1966. If you do not have a MyChart account, please contact your provider’s office.
- Your provider’s office will send you instructions on starting the visit (via phone or Zoom) at your scheduled time.
- If your virtual visit will be a video visit and you will be using your smartphone or tablet, please download Zoom (for Apple; for Android), the HIPAA-compliant video conferencing tool that will be used for your appointment. If you will be using a desktop or laptop computer for your visit, you do not have to install the app. Your visit will begin when you click your meeting link.
- Please find a quiet, private space for your visit.
- See Tips to prepare for your virtual visit.
Connecting to Zoom Virtual Visits:
- Remain in the virtual waiting room until your provider is ready for you.
- Check your microphone and speakers to make sure they are not muted, so you and your provider can speak to each other.
- Check the tool bar at the bottom of the screen to make sure your video stream has started. You may need to hover your mouse over the screen on your computer or tap the screen on your phone to get this toolbar to appear.
- At the beginning of your appointment, your provider may ask for a phone number to reach you, in case you have trouble getting started or if you get disconnected during your appointment.
We are pleased to be able to offer virtual visits to our patients, but please remember that MyChart remains a quick and easy way to ask your provider a question, refill prescriptions, see test results and manage your healthcare.