OUR CORE VALUES
Our mission is to improve the health of people through excellence in patient care and medical discovery.
OUR CLINICAL VISION
Washington University Physicians will be recognized as a world leader in innovative, highest quality medical care. We will set a new standard for delivering compassionate, respectful and responsive patient care. We will create an environment that will attract and support the most highly talented physicians and staff.
- Quality: We offer the most advanced medical care available to the patients we serve.
- Respect: We respect diversity and individuality and hold each patient’s unique circumstances at the forefront of clinical care decisions.
- Integrity: We commit to regular self-evaluation of our practice and continuous quality improvement to assure patient safety, the best possible clinical outcomes and the optimal use of medical resources.
- Discovery: We are dedicated to advancing medical knowledge through basic science and applied clinical research and to sharing our discoveries for the benefit of society.
- Education: We are committed to providing outstanding education and training for current and future generations of health care professionals.
- Partnership: We pursue our clinical and academic missions in close partnership with our major teaching hospitals, our health system, and with key community physicians, especially those who serve as members of our voluntary clinical faculty.
- Professionalism: We believe our faculty, staff, residents and medical students are our greatest asset and recognize and value the contributions of each member of our health care team.