The Physician-to-Physician Connection
Welcome to the Doctors' Access Line -- a toll-free number RESERVED EXCLUSIVELY FOR PHYSICIANS who want to contact a Barnes-Jewish Hospital specialist. All specialists have appointments at Washington University School of Medicine.
What is the value of the Doctors' Access Line to you?
Barnes-Jewish Hospital respects your primary role in managing the care of your patients. One call to this centralized resource offers you:
- easy access to specialist consults
- decreased delays in hospital transfers
- enhanced patient satisfaction by expedited emergency department and inpatient processing
- timely feedback with the goal of returning patients quickly to your care
How do you use the Doctors' Access Line?
Dial (800) 252-DOCS (3627) 24 hours a day, seven days a week for:
- telephone consultation with a Barnes-Jewish Hospital attending physician
- prompt assistance with identifying an appropriate specialist and, if needed, making an appointment or scheduling a physician call-back
- accurate, timely information on your patients' care at Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- access to research studies, information about continuing medical education opportunities, and potential speakers for your institution's grand rounds or local CME programs
One phone call -- on a line reserved exclusively for physicians -- connects you to this outcome oriented, cost-effective resource. By (800) 252-DOCS (3627), you can access the expertise of a nationally recognized healthcare leader.
Click to go to Barnes-Jewish Hospital web site.