When you make your appointment, you will probably be asked to register during that first phone call. If that is not convenient, we encourage you to register online with Washington University Physicians to make your first visit to your physician go smoothly..
Security on this application is encrypted, which is a high level of security, but your information will not yet be on our HIPAA secure server. Although the risk of security breach is low, you will get a message advising you that there is a risk. Once you are a patient of Washington University, all your personal health information is stored on a HIPAA server.
This form is downloaded by our patient registration staff every day and your information is added to the patient database.
Established Patients - Follow My Health Patient Portal
Beginning in the summer of 2012, we are offering a new on-line service for established patients. This is called Washington University Follow My Health and is a patient portal. A patient portal is a secure gateway to your own medical record. You enroll in Follow My Health at your Washington University physicians office at your next appointment. Not all offices will be live with this service immediately, but we expect it to be in all offices within a year.
You need to register in person, so we can verify your identity. This is a very important safety feature for you.
Current Users of Patient On Line
We plan to convert all current users of Patient on Line to Follow My Health, but it will take a while to do this. If you are a user of Patient On Line, you can continue to use the service until you either enroll yourself into Follow My Health or we migrate your account.. Update your Patient On Line Information here.
No new patients will be accepted in Patient On Line
What is Patient Registration?
Registration is the collection of information required to establish an account for you with our billing services. The types of information captured in registration are demographic (name, address, date of birth, alternate contacts, etc.) and financial (insurance, responsible party, special billing arrangements, etc.).
Information submitted through this service is received by our staff and completed each day. Any current or scheduled patient of Washington University Physicians may choose to pre-register online and we can assure you that any information submitted at least two days prior to your visit will be entered before you arrive. For your protection and peace of mind, we have also built in security features to assure that any information you provide will be held in the strictest confidentiality as well.
Why register online?
- The online registration option saves time and allows you to send us the information on your schedule. You can use the service 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Less paperwork will be required at the doctor's office when you arrive. This will help prevent delays at the time of your visit.
- Questions regarding insurance, billing or other issues can be submitted with the online form and we can respond to you prior to your visit date.
- You have no worries about paper forms getting tied up in the mail or misdirected. Online registration will greatly help reduce the need to provide information more than once.
- Updates are easy to provide. If you have changes in your insurance, address, etc., you can submit updates any time you wish.
- The forms and process are secure. If you change your mind during the process, you can simply press the "cancel" button at the bottom of the form. In addition, the system secures the data so it is kept private and confidential.